Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November already!

A quick week (and a half) in review...
First, I really cannot believe it's November. Mid-November. ALREADY!?!? The week before Dublin was the halfway mark. Now, it's the homestretch...

Monday the 9th, I went with Zainab, a friend I met at the grub crawl during Fresher's week, to the Customs House in South Shields. I won free tickets through a website for students to see Happy Jack! I thought it was for a movie, but it was actually a theatre production. It turned out to be quite nice. A short walk from the Metro and we were there. On the way back we stopped at Asda (think a nicer Wal-Mart) then went back to Newcastle. Tuesday the 10th, my class got cancelled so no class today! Wednesday the 11th, Kate's birthday! woo!!! I had my last class of Operations Management then went to mass and lunch at the chaplaincy.

Friday the 13th (ahhhh!!!) After my classes and food shopping I went to the Laing Art Gallery. I went by myself which actually turned out to be really nice so I could go at my own pace. Plus I really got to wander everywhere... how many people are in an art museum on a Friday around 4pm?! One of my favourite exhibits was the Newcaslte Reinvented, showing Newcastle and its many changes and developments over 200 years. On Saturday, Rita, Katie, and I went to the Centre for Life Museum. Although it ended up being geared more for kids, it was cool to walk around and see a lot of the stuff. It was a very interactive museum and I got to be a meteorologist at one point. hehe! Although we didn't go ice skating, they have an outdoor rink setup from November to February. And it's right next to a giant replica of DNA. Who wouldn't want to have a birthday party there!? DNA and ice skating. We also went to the Grainger Market craft fair.

Other than that, I went to the new City Library with Kate. It's pretty awesome. If only I had more time to read books... there's 5 books on my desk that I haven't read. I just got 2 of them on Monday. Taking a day trip to Edinburgh tomorrow to go to a few more places I didn't earlier in the year. Pretty much sums it up. Less than 30 days until home!

No comments:

Post a Comment